19 February 2006

Good Clean Fun, or: A Fistful of Vodka

A fun weekend. Went out with some friends to the Back Door last night. Since I had scored tickets to the Sigur Ros show at the Palace Friday night for one of those friends, he paid for several drinks in gratitude. And who am I to turn down a free beverage?

Neither Jen nor I had eaten since 5 p.m., which in retrospect was where it all went wrong. By 11 p.m., Jen was a little wobbly and she made me take her home. I was feeling fine so with Jen's blessing, I returned to the Back Door after tucking her in for the night.

Consequently, I was pretty fucked up when we finally called it a "night" at 2 a.m. I don't say this as a boast. I pride myself on being able to hold my liquor. Maybe it's time to dial it down a notch. For starters, I took a piss in the parking lot -- felt great, but how embarrassing would it be to get arrested for public urination? Then I decided that since I hadn't eaten anything since 5 p.m. (see above), I should go get something to eat. Then, back home for a little TV.

Come the dawn, I awoke with a bit of a hangover. Plus, my mouth tasted as if Godzilla had taken a shit in it. At least I didn't have to fly anywhere.

It's definitely time to dial it down a notch. Weekend benders are fun and games when you're in your twenties, but they're more than a little pathetic when you're as aged as I am. Don't worry, I'm not going teetotal just yet, but I'm going to work on pacing myself better.

No comments: