13 July 2006

Stop the Presses

From a press release I got today:

SURVIVOR ANNOUNCES NEW SINGER; BAND CURRENTLY WORKING ON NEW STUDIO ALBUM SET FOR RELEASE IN 2007

July 13, 2006 -- Hot off the presses…former McAuley Schenker Group (MSG) frontman Robin McAuley has replaced Jim Jamison as the new lead vocalist for Survivor.
I'll bet you thought the same thing I did when I read those words: "Fucking Survivor is still together?!?"

I'm man enough to admit that I love me some classic rock -- and not in a smarmy, ironic, above-it-all Chuck Klosterman way -- but Survivor was and always will be a crappy band.

1 comment:

magnolia_mer said...

I must admit I'm not a Survivor fan, but McAuley actually makes the material sound good. Someone put mp3s of a recent show on the boards at melodicrock.com and I have to admit he made something out of "The Search is Over" and other cringe-worthy classics. Unfortunately, whoever tried to sing backup on some of the songs was in a totally different key than McAuley, who doesn't need any backup in the first place. I have hope for the new album if it ever comes out.