26 October 2005

Déjà Vu All Over Again

I love Cheap Trick, but their set list tonight at the Gardens was a virtual carbon copy of the one they played when I saw 'em at the Kentucky State Fair in August. Sure, they were opening and not headlining, but damn guys, could you mix it up a tiny smidgen?

Set list:
Hello There
Big Eyes
If You Want My Love
Best Friend
I Want You to Want Me
I Know What I Want
Never Had a Lot to Lose
Voices
In the Street (a.k.a. That '70s Song)
Surrender
- - - - -
Dream Police
California Man
Goodnight

Compare with their last Louisville show.

My dream Cheap Trick set:
Hello There
Elo Kiddies
Tonight It's You
She's Tight
I Must Be Dreamin'
Auf Wiedersehen
Baby Talk
Downed
Lookout
Gonna Raise Hell
Surrender
The Ballad of TV Violence
I Want You to Want Me
- - - - -
He's a Whore
Dream Police
Goodnight

...or something like that.

No comments: