17 June 2005

Scheduling Conflict

Corrosion of Conformity is coming to Louisville. That's awesome. I love me some COC.

Better still: Fu Manchu is opening. I, too, love the Fu. I saw them play here last December (in between High On Fire and Clutch) and they were fantastic.

Better yet: Alabama Thunderpussy is also on the bill. I don't know much about them, but with a name like that, they have to be good, right?

Also on the bill will be Supagroup, who are also unknown to me. Regardless, it's gonna be a long night with four acts on the bill, but for a Fu Manchu/COC one-two punch, I'm willing to make the sacrifice.

But here's the kicker. The big COC/Fu/Thunderpussy/Supa hoedown is on the same day as the rescheduled Killers show. I wouldn't mind seeing the Killers, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna miss Corrosion of Conformity playing live about two miles from my house.

But it's actually kind of cool that there are two concerts that I want to see on the same day in the same town.

No comments: